The three industry roundtables centre on different themes, they feature selected case studies, as well as topics regarding documentation and publication that are of interest to the performing arts industry.
“Publication and Marketing” discusses how to devise sales and marketing strategies for non-mainstream and themed publications with a view to expanding their reach and impact.
“Documentation and Cultural Legacy” examines the passing on of cultural legacy through different forms of documentation.
“Promotion and Engagement” sheds light on documentation on online and offline platforms, also considers possible ways to reach and engage both existing and new readers.
Free admission. The online event will be conducted in Cantonese, English or Putonghua with trilingual simultaneous interpretation.
Industry Roundtables (1): Publication and Marketing
Date: 2020.12.4 (Fri)
Host: CHAN Kwok Wai Bernice [General Manager of the International Association of Theatre Critics (Hong Kong), Hong Kong]
- TAM Lai Man Amanda [Manager of kubrick, Hong Kong]
- CHAN Lai Shan Mary [Founder of MCCM Creations, Hong Kong]
- WU Yun [Deputy General Manager of the China Theatre Press, Beijing]
- KENG Yi Wei [Dramaturg of the National Kaohsiung Center for the Arts (Weiwuying), Taipei]
Industry Roundtables (2): Documentation and Cultural Legacy
Date: 2020.12.5 (Sat)
Host: Janice Sze Wan POON* [Senior Lecturer (Playwriting and Dramaturgy) and Academic Project Officer in the School of Drama at the Hong Kong Academy for Performing Arts, Hong Kong]
- Cynthia Seanne LUK [Archivist at Chung Ying Theatre Company, Hong Kong]
- MOK Sio Chong [President of the Macao Theatre Culture Institute, Macau]
- POON Pik Wan Priscilla [Manager (Theatre Literature and Projects) of Hong Kong Repertory Theatre, Hong Kong]
*With kind permission of The Hong Kong Academy for Performing Arts
Industry Roundtables (3): Promotion and Engagement
Date: 2020.12.5 (Sat)
Host: POON Pik Wan Priscilla [Manager (Theatre Literature and Projects) of Hong Kong Repertory Theatre, Hong Kong]
- LI Chia Chi [Chief Editor of the magazine Performing Arts Review, Taipei]
- XIN Ying Raye [Editor of the magazine Shanghai Theatre, Shanghai]
- YANG Xiao Luan [Founder of the We-media platform “Theatre-Go-Round”, Guangzhou]